The on-screen keyboard is a simple tool that allows you to replace your physical keyboard (damaged or out of battery).
- Click on the Start menu and the select the Run tab
- Type in the following command: %SystemRoot%\system32\osk.exe
- The on-screen keyboard will appear
Alternatively you can:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > On-Screen Keyboard (in XP)
- or Vista logo > Accessories > Accessibility > Ergonomic options > On-Screen Keyboard (in Vista)
There are two typing modes available:
Click to select: Click on the desired key to enter the value.
Hover to select: Hold the mouse over a letter for a set amount of time to enter the letter.
- Click on System Preferences
- Choose International, Input Menu, Keyboard Viewer
- Open terminal and enter the following command:
Published by aakai1056
- Latest update by deri58