Nvidia - Nvlddmkm.sys error message
The symptoms are:
- A flickering creen.
- A frozen screen.
- The screen is totally black.
- A blue screen of death with the "Nvlddmkm.sys error message".
- Go to the NVIDIA folder:
- Look for the file named as "nvlddmkm.sy_"
- Note that: The location of this file may vary depending on the OS being used!
- Go to the system folder where the drivers are stored :
- Once in this folder, locate the defective "nvlddmkm.sys" file and rename as it "nvlddmkm.sys.old"
- Open the command prompt:
- Type the following commands:
- "cd" and press the Enter key.
- "expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys" and then press Enter
- This command allows you to unzip the nvlddmkm.sys file- previously saved to the C drive and thus creating a new instance of the file.
- Copy this file to C:\WindowsSystem\32drivers
- Restart your PC
In the same category
Original article published by Alexis-pires
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by deri58