While using MS Outlook for first time,vyou may be unable to launch the software. To enable it, go to "Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts > Data Files" by changing your default to a local archive file, rather than a MAPI account. But connecting to MAPI (hotmail) account using the connector is not possible for system events as activation context may fail, as msncon32.dll files are not found by the system.
Use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis. Now, in Tools, go to Add-ins and "GO" on 'Manage COM Add-ins', select (checkbox) Hotmail Connector and you get an Admin failed message. Just by selecting the "COM Addin for Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector" line, you get a message on the Load Behavior message line - "Not loaded". A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM add-in. This indicates the admin message is due to load failure rather than an actual admin failure, as you logon as an admin user.
[Microsoft Outlook] Error loading msncon.dll file
The first time you Microsoft Outlook, you may be unable to launch the program and see this error:
Unable to find your default email folders. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed.
Can not find your mail folders by default. An unexpected error occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll. Make sure the service is correctly installed.
This error occurs if you try to install Microsoft Outlook
Connector without having already launched Outlook in advance at least once.
To correct this error, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel (switch to Classic view)
- Double click on Mail
- Click Data Files
- If no file is defined in this window, simply add or create a new one:
- Create one if you have no backup data files (old version or install)
- Otherwise, select the old file and click Add
- Select the file type for Outlook to create or add
- File Office Outlook Personal Folders (. Pst) for Outlook 2007
- File Folders Outlook 97-2003 (. Pst) for older versions
- In the window that opens, click OK, choose either the old file that already exists on the hard drive or type the name of the new file to create and validate.
- Make sure the file you just added is selected as default
- If this is not the case, select the file in the window and then click Set as Default
- Validate by clicking Close > Close and then restart Microsoft Outlook
In the same category
Published by jak58
. - Latest update by Paul Berentzen