For video game lovers, there is good news. The Playstation 3
can be updated manually
and no internet connection
is required. The update required for the gaming console can be downloaded on the PC and stored in a compatible storage device
. Before downloading the file, most importantly a folder named UPDATE
should be made in the storage media and without this the PS3 will not able to detect this device. Then, this device should be connected to the PS3 via the slots or USB and through the System Update
option in the home menu of PS3, updates can be stored from the storage device.
How to install a PS3 update via a USB key?
If your PlayStation 3 is not connected to the internet, it is possible to manually update the firmware.
- You can download and store the update file a compatible storage device such as Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, a USB key (FAT32) or PSP.
- First you need to create a folder named "PS3" in the storage media or USB. In this folder, create a folder named "UPDATE" (the folder name is case sensitive). Once the UPDATE folder is created, download and store the update (.pup file).
- Connect the USB to your PS3
- Go to Settings > System Update, then update via Storage Media
- Select the storage media connected to the PS3 and start the update process.
- Latest update 4.60 (24 July 2014): http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/
- Note that: If you don't create the UPDATE folder the PS3 will not detect the USB key.
In the same category
Original article published by udodirck
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by deri58