How to install a PS3 update via a USB key?
If your PlayStation 3 is not connected to the internet, it is possible to manually update the firmware. You can download and transfer the update file (PS3UPDAT.PUP) using a compatible storage device such as Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, a USB key (FAT32) or PSP.
- First you need to create a folder named "PS3" in the storage media or USB. In this folder, create a subfolder named "UPDATE" (the folder name is case sensitive). Once the UPDATE folder is created, download and save the update file as PS3UPDAT.PUP.
- Connect the USB to your PS3.
- Go to Settings > System Update, then Update via Storage Media.
- Select the storage media connected to the PS3 and start the update process.
- Latest update 4.65 (24 August 2014): http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/
- Note that: If you don't create the UPDATE folder the PS3 will not detect the USB key.
In the same category
Original article published by udodirck
. Translated by jak58