For video game lovers, there is good news. The Playstation 3
can be updated manually
and no internet connection
is required. The update required for the gaming console can be downloaded on the PC and stored in a compatible storage device
. Before downloading the file, most importantly a folder named UPDATE
should be made in the storage media and without this the PS3 will not able to detect this device. Then, this device should be connected to the PS3 via the slots or USB and through the System Update
option in the home menu of PS3 , updates can be stored from the storage device.
How to install a PS3 update (v 4.41) via a USB key?
If your PlayStation3 is not connected to the internet, it is possible to manually update the firmware.
- Download the update and save the file to a compatible storage device such as Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, a USB or PSP.
- Before starting, use your PC to create a folder named "PS3" in the storage media or USB. In this folder, create a folder named "UPDATE" (the folder name is case sensitive). Once the UPDATE folder is created, download and store the update (.pup file) for PS3 system software.
- Once the update has been saved, remove the storage device and connect it to your PS3
- Once connected, go to Settings on the home menu of the PS3, select System Update, then update via Storage Media
- Select the storage media connected to the PS3 and install the update data stored there
- Latest update (June 27, 2013): v 4.46
- Note that: If you don't create the UPDATE folder the PS3 will not detect the USB key.
In the same category
Original article published by udodirck
. Translated by jak58