Sometimes PS3 consoles, when connected with a HDMI cable to the TV to play video games, display a message saying "mode not supported". In order to rectify the connection you need to connect the right set of cables. While initializing your PS3, locate the power button of the Playstation, and hold it for a few seconds. The ogames console resets the video options and recognizes hardware devices and cable connections. Playstation adjusts to the correct resolutions suiting the TV. Press (X) to authenticate the settings.
PS3 to HDTV - mode not supported
I hooked up my PS3 HDMI cable to my TV and it said "mode not supported"; I did a test run on another TV and it worked fine; it's an HDTV, so I just don't understand!!!!
Hook up your PS3 to your TV with the HDMI cable. Now, when you turn on your PS3:
- Hold the power button on the PS3 for 5 seconds.
- It will reset the PS3 video options and recognize the HDMI connection.
- It will then search for the correct resolution settings on the TV.
- Press (X) to confirm. And that's it.
You should be set. If not, then the TV is acting rather strangely.
Thanks to No_Jeans
for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
- Latest update by Virginia Parsons