Faronics' application Deep Freeze that works with most of the operating systems can be uninstalled on a computer based on Windows. The application can be uninstalled with the help of Windows installation kit
but a password is required to uninstall the application. In the absence of the password too, the process can still be accomplished. A deep freeze uninstaller is a must, but deep freeze has to be disabled
first. This disabling
process can be done through a reboot of the PC
with a required process. When the PC is booted back to its normal mode
, the application will appear marked as X,
which means that it is disabled
How to disable DeepFreeze
I want to uninstall DeepFreeze but I don't know the password.
Here is how to disable DeepFreeze if you don't know the password:
Don't forget to change back your time in CMOS afterwards.
- Restart your PC
- Press DEL or F2 while the computer starts up to enter the CMOS setup
- Change the date by 10 years, save, and restart your PC
- Before the Windows logo shows up, press F8
- When prompted, choose Debug mode or Debugging Mode
- In Debug mode, select the OS you use - for example Windows XP Pro
- When Windows XP starts, wait for the welcome screen to appear and get ready to press CTRL+ALT+DEL as soon as the desktop appears
- Press D or locate DFServe using your mouse
- Press Del to kill DFServ.
- If you succeed restart your PC and boot it in normal mode. You will see the DeepFreeze icon will be marked with an X, meaning it is disabled. Now you can uninstall it using DeepFreeze Installer
In the same category
Published by aakai1056
- Latest update by Paul Berentzen