MSN Messenger is the instant messaging platform
offered by Microsoft. It allows people to chat, share pictures and video and also express their moods
by using built-in emoticons. Sometimes users may find that they cannot use the emoticons in Windows Live Messenger
. The solution is often simple and can be found under the tools menu. Under the tools menu, the user needs to enable the option
for showing the emoticons. However, if the problem still persists it could mean that there is an issue with Windows Live Messenger
WLM Messenger - emoticons not appearing
I just tried out the new Windows Live Messenger beta, but I found that all my uploaded emoticons are not shown in the chat box when I want to send them; and I can't copy emoticons right from the chat box like I could before, when I used the previous version (Windows Live 8).
Secondly, I still can't share folders, either from my previous MSN version, or this beta version.
I had the same problem a little while ago and I found the solution...
When you are talking to someone on the new MSN if you
- Press the "alt" key on the keyboard a little menu will appear along the top of the screen
- Scroll over to "tools" and follow down the list until you come across (SHOW EMOTIONS)
- Click on that and then try a smiley face such as :D in your send box; you should then be able to use emotions again :)
- If the show emotions has a tick by the side and still no luck with the emotions then it is a problem with Windows Live Messenger :)
Thanks to benchy raver
for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
- Latest update by Virginia Parsons