Windows users sometimes come across an error which says 'error loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\5.bin\M3PLUGIN>DLL
'. This error is related to the DLL of My Web Search
in the operating system. The solution to this problem involves uninstalling the program along with any other items associated with it and then reinstalling the program. The program can be easily downloaded from the official website. After that, one needs to restart and run a program called Hijack This
to fix any entries if still remaining. There are other specialized softwares which can be used to clean up any remaining registries
left from the uninstall process.
Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\5.bin\M3PLUGIN>DLL
I need help for error Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\5.bin\M3PLUGIN>DLL
Hopefully I can help everyone get rid of this annoyance. First of all, the DLL is from My Web Search. If you are/were happy with the program, reinstall it at: http://download.mywebsearch.com/
. Once you have reinstalled it, all of the error messages should go away.
First, uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs
1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs
3) Find "My Web Search" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
- My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)
- My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)
- My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)
- My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)
- Search Assistant - My Way
4) Reboot your Computer and run HijackThis. It can be downloaded here for free: http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HiJackThis.exe
5) With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.
6) Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder
7) Right-click and delete the folders for:
8) MyWebSearch should now be completely uninstalled from your computer.
9) There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone.
Thanks to Sykes
for this tip on the forum.
In the same category
Published by aakai1056
- Latest update by Virginia Parsons