Twain is the interface standard for scanners. TWAIN drivers communicate between the scanner and the computer software, and transfer information from the Canon or any other scanners to the screen. If TWAIN drivers are not present, your system will not recognize the device or the information located on it. The Twain driver is needed for the Canon scanner toolbox to function. There are different ways to install Twain drivers manually. Ascertain that the scanner is visible under the device manager control panel, now select scanner as hardware from the 'other devices' list of connected devices, to re-install the updated driver. Select the specific location on the CD drive of the Canoscan, to install the Twain driver. However, there are some scanner softwares which are incompatible with TWAIN. Most scanners have TWAIN driver pre-installed making it compatible with all TWAIN-supporting software.
Install the Twain driver for Canon scanner
How to install the Twain driver for a Canon scanner
To install the Twain driver:
- Verify that the scanner appears in Device Manager (Start - Settings - Control Panel - double-click "System")
- Select "Hardware."
- Select "Device Manager".
- The scanner is located under "Other Devices"
- Double-click "CanoScan".
- Select "Reinstall Driver" to display the "Wizard updated equipment"
- Click "Next"
- Select "Yes this time only (recommended)" and click Next.
- Select "Install from a list or specific location" and click "Next."
- Click "Browse" and locate the CD drive with the CanoScan CD-ROM in it (eg F:)
Original article published by vanina14
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by Jeff