[Outlook Express] Accessing your Hotmail or MSN account
It is possible to address its messages to a Hotmail or MSN
account using the mail client
Outlook Express 5 or higher.
Configuring Outlook Express
- In the Tools menu, click Accounts
- Click the Add button, then click Mail. A wizard window should open
- Enter the name and click Next
- Enter your email address or MSN Hotmail
- Select "POP3" in the selection list the type of mail server.
- In the "Incoming Server (POP3):
- In the "Outgoing Server (SMTP) put
- Enter the email address and associated password, then click Next and then click Done.
- Click on the new created account then on Properties (in the window from which you created the account)
- Go to the tab "Outgoing Server"
- Check "My server requires authentication"
- In "Advanced Options" in the field "Port of the incoming server" type in 995 and the outgoing port type 587
- Check "This server requires an encrypted connection SSL"
- In "Use encrypted connection type next", select Automatic
- Confirm your account is ready.
- Error 0x800CCC18 - Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server "with Hotmail:
- [support.microsoft.com / default.aspx? scid = kb; en; 261,671]
- Error 0x800CCC1B - Problems downloading email from a Hotmail account:
- Error 0x800CCC37 - Outlook Express can not Connect to Hotmail through Proxy Server:
- Error 0x800CCCF0 - "A connection to the server could not be established" error message when you add a second Hotmail account to Outlook 2002
- Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'MSN', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, *Secure (SSL): No, number of error: 0x800CCCF0
- Error 0x800CCC32 - You receive an error message when you use Outlook Express to access your Hotmail account. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure (SSL): No, number of error: 0x800CCC32
In the same category
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by jak58