Users of Windows Vista operating system may run into a scenario where the volume and the
could go missing. To get around this problem one needs to check the Taskbar properties
. Under this option, one needs to make the relevant changes to the notification area
and restart the computer. If the volume and
are still missing then the user needs to make changes to the registry
. After deleting the relevant keys from the registry, the user will need to restart the system based on Windows Vista to make the changes effective.
[Windows Vista] - Recovering the volume and network icons
Sometimes it may happen that the volume and network icons normally located in the notification area have gone missing.
Right click on a blank spot on the taskbar/properties.
- Go to the Notification Area tab check the boxes for the options you want to have in the notification area.
- Sometimes it is impossible to tick both boxes (they are grayed out); in this case, restart your PC and repeat the process.
If the problem persists then:
- Go to Start Menu/ Run and type regedit
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify
- Delete these two keys (IconStreams/PastIconsStream)
- Close the registry and restart your PC.
In the same category
Published by jak58
. - Latest update by Virginia Parsons