IP conflict issue
It may be that when you try to connect your PC to the internet, the system notifies you of an IP address conflict
This may happen when two computers on the network
are trying to get the same IP
address. Indeed, most routers
are configured for DHCP
, which assign IP addresses automatically.
To solve this problem:
Example: Assigning the IP address when using a Livebox
- Click Start/Control Panel/Network Connection
- Right-click on the connection > Properties
- Select "Internet Protocol (TCP/ IP)" > Properties
- If the "obtain an IP address automatically" is checked and you still have this problem check the bubble "Use the following IP address".
- Enter the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway (depending on the range supported by your ISP).
- Enter the IP address: 192.168.1.12 (or any other address in the following range: 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.19)
- Subnet mask:255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by deri58