Skype won't recognized your microphone
Skype won't recognize your microphone! To solve this issue, you will need to check the following points:
In the Control Panel
- Go to the Control Panel, then Sounds and Audio Devices
- In the Playback tab, check that nothing is on mute
- In the Recording tab, check that microphone is checked
- Open Skype > Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone
- Select Microsoft default device
- Uncheck "Automatically adjust audio settings"
Update the drivers of your sound card
If the microphone is still not recognized, the problem may be due to the sound card. In this case:
Thanks to Tabyria for this tip
- Check the brand and model of sound card.
- Download the latest drivers.
- It may also be useful to go to the manufacturer's website (HP, Packard bell, Dell...) and try to download the latest audio drivers.
In the same category
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by deri58