How to get rid of Discount Dragon?
Discount Dragon is an adware that displays ads during your browsing session.
Uninstallation via the Control Panel
- For Windows Vista/Seven/8: Go to the Control Panel, then Programs and Features and uninstall the following program: Discount Dragon
- For Windows XP: Go to the Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the following program: Discount Dragon
Uninstall the browser toolbars
- Under Firefox: Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extension tab.
- Under Google Chrome: Click on the menu at the top right and then Tools > Extensions.
AdwCleaner by Xplode
AdwCleaner is a tool created specifically for disinfection of adware:
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove and for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the removal procedure is complete, a report will be generated.
is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help remove residue left behind after a scan with AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (By Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software.
- Make update (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Launch a full scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
You should be careful when you are installing free programs, as many of them are bundled with PUPs.
- Read the EULA and always download programs from official sources.
- On the other hand, if you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
- WOT can help you to filter websites distributing harmful program http://en.kioskea.net/faq/7386-wot-web-of-trust.
In the same category