How to get rid of Search Gol?
Search Gol is a browser hijacker. It modifies the homepage/search engine of the browser and collects information about your browsing habits.
To get rid of Search Gol, first uninstall the related add-ons from your browsers:
- Under Internet Exploter: Go to Tools > Manage Add-on.
- Under Google Chrome: Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon > Settings > Extensions
- Under Firefox: Click on the Firefox button > Tools > Manage Add-ons
- AdwCleaner is a tool created specifically for disinfection remove adware:
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove and for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the removal is complete, a report will be generated.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help remove residue left behind after a scan with AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (By Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software.
- Make updates (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Then launch a full scan
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
In the same category