How to get rid of Portaldosites / portal V9 / Qvo6 / Qv06?
Portaldosites/Qvo6 is a browser hijacker. It modifies the browser's home page. It is distributed via re-packed freewares - take note the installation of Portaldosites/Qvo6 is often pre-checked.
Several solutions are possible:
Method one: Uninstall through the Control Panel
- For Windows Vista/Seven/8: Go to the Control Panel, then Programs and Features (or Uninstall a program), look for Portaldosites/Qvo6 and uninstall.
- For Windows XP: Go to Control Panel, then Add / Remove Programs, look for Portaldosites/Qvo6 and uninstall.
- Then, go to your browser options and uninstall (if present) the Portaldosites / Qvo6 add-ons.
- Don't forget the change your homepage.
- If this persists, reset your browser like this: Reset your browser
- Remove Portaldosites/Qvo6 shortcut for your browser. Right-click the shortcut and select "Properties." > "Shortcut", check if Portaldosites/Qvo6 is not present in the "Target".
AdwCleaner by Xplode
AdwCleaner is a tool created specifically for disinfection remove adware:
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove and for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the removal is complete, a report will be generated.
You can use this small utility to clean your infected browser shortcuts: Shortcut_Module
by g3n-h@ckm@n. This little tool will disinfect all shortcuts redirecting to infectious URL (22find, certified.search, qvo6, etc ...) and generate a report at the end of scan (C:\rapport.txt).
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help remove residue left behind after a scan with AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (By Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software and launch it (as administrartor).
- Make updates (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Perform a full scan
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
SpyHunter -Beware of fake security blogs:
- You should be careful when you are installing free programs, as many of the are being repacked with PUPs.
- Wherever possible, try to fly over the conditions of use when installing software and always download programs from official sources.
- On the other hand, if you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
- WOT can help you to filter websites that install such unwanted programs: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/7386-wot-web-of-trust.
- When you perform a Google search on Delta Search - Fake security blogs are returned in the result pages
- Fake blogs are sites that offer disinfection solutions in the form of a fix (specific tools), including Delta Search.
- This fix turns out to be a paid antispyware (Spyhunter or Spyware Doctor)!
These fake security blogs earn money for each successful installation or sale.
E.g: The fake blogs on the first page of Google search results:
In the same category