Windows 8 - Change the administrator password
When you first buy/installed your Windows 8, you need to link it to an e-mail address, and implicitly created a Microsoft account. By default your password, will be the one used for your Microsoft account. How to change it?
Via the Control Panel:
- Press Windows + X > Control Panel.
- Click on "Accounts and Family Safety"
- Click on "User Accounts"
- Choose "Make change to my account in PC settings"
Via the Charm Bar
- From the Home-screen. press Windows + C to display the Charm Bar.
- Click on Settings > Change PC settings > Users Tab
- In the "Sign-in options" section, click on "Change your Password".
Changing your Password:
- A new menu will be displayed:
- Enter your current password and then your new password.
- Confirm and click on Next.
In the same category
Original article published by Mihawk
. Translated by deri58
. - Latest update by jak58