Windows 8.1 - How to change your password?
When you first buy/installed your Windows 8, you need to link it to an e-mail address, and implicitly created a Microsoft account. By default your password, will be the one used for your Microsoft account. How to change it?
- Press Windows + X > Control Panel.
- Click on "Accounts and Family Safety".
- Click on "User Accounts".
- Choose "Make change to my account in PC settings".
- From the Start screen. press Windows + C to display the Charm Bar.
- Click on Settings > Change PC settings > Accounts
- Go to the "Sign-in options" and under "A strong password makes your PC more secure", click on "Change".
- A new menu will be displayed:
- Enter your current password and then your new password.
- Confirm and click on Next.
In the same category
Original article published by Mihawk
. Translated by deri58