How to remove 22Find /Desk 365?
22Find is a browser hijacker. It modifies the homepage of the browser and collects information about your browsing habits. 22Find is often distributed via other free programs.
Via the Control Panel
- For Windows Vista/Seven/8: Go to the Control Panel and then Programs and Features, uninstall CheckRun22find.
- For Windows XP: Go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs, uninstall CheckRun22find.
- Next you will need to perform the following modification on you Web browser:
- Change your default search engine.
- Set your homepage.
- Remove any related extensions,
AdwCleaner is a tool created specifically for the disinfection of adwares:
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove and for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the removal is complete, a report will be generated.
Using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help remove residue left behind after a scan with AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (By Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software and launch it (as administrator).
- Make updates (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Perform a full scan
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
After disinfection: Securing your computer against PUPs
To avoid installing more adware in the future, here are some tips:
- Never download programs offered through advertisements or suspicious sites.
- If you use Avast! or AVG, enable the detection of PUPs.
In the same category
Original article published by Destrio5
. Translated by deri58
. - Latest update by noctambule28