How to remove the Lollipop adware
Lollipop is an adware that installs via PUPs offered via streaming websites. Particularly through the PlayerPlus program .
You can find more information about this adware, on this page: http://www.malekal.com/2012/11/07/lollipop-adware-et-vittalia-installer/
Manual removal - Via the Control Panel
For Windows Vista/Seven/8: Go to the Control Panel and then Programs and Features, uninstall entries containing the word: "Lollipop".
For Windows XP: Go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs, uninstall entries containing the word: "Lollipop
Now proceed with the following:
- Remove the related extensions added to Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Change your default search engine.
- Set your homepage.
Method 2: AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a tool created specifically for disinfection remove adware:
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove and for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- Once the removal is complete, a report will be generated.
Method 3: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help remove residue left behind after a scan with AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (By Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software.
- Make updates (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Then launch a full scan
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
After disinfection: Securing your computer against PUPs
To avoid installing more adware in the future, here are some tips:
- Never download programs offered through advertisements or suspicious sites.
- If you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
In the same category
Original article published by Malekal_morte-
. Translated by deri58