Remove Certified Toolbar
Several solutions are available:
Method One: Via the Control Panel
- Windows Vista/Seven/8 s: Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features (or Uninstall a program).
- Windows XP: Go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs.
- Search for the following items and remove them:
- Certified Toolbar.
- Protected Search.
- Go to the browser options and uninstall any related add-on and change your search engine.
- If the problem persists, reset your browser.
AdwCleaner is a tool created specifically designed for the removal of adwares:
- Download AdwCleaner (from Xplode) on the desktop.
- Run it, click Remove and for the scan to be completed. AdwCleaner may need to restart the computer during the operation.
- Once the removal is complete, a warning message will displayed: It is strongly advised to read carefully.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a general disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. I
- Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (from Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software.
- Make updates (Click on "Update" and then "Search for updates").
- Launch scan: Click on Search tab > Perform full scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click "Show Results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
After cleaning: Secure your computer
To avoid installing more adware in the future, here are some tips:
- Never download programs offered through advertisements or suspicious sites.
- If you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
Original document published by Malekal_morte
In the same category