How to remove Certified Toolbar?
Several solutions are available:
Method One: Via the Control Panel
- Windows Vista/Seven/8 s: Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features (or Uninstall a program).
- Windows XP: Go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs.
- Search for the following items and remove them:
- Certified Toolbar.
- Protected Search.
- Go to the browser options and uninstall any related add-on and change your search engine.
- If the problem persists, reset your browser.
AdwCleaner is a tool specifically designed for the removal of adwares:
- Download AdwCleaner (from Xplode) on the desktop.
- Run it, click Remove and for the scan to be completed. AdwCleaner may need to restart the computer during the operation.
- Once the removal is complete, a warning message will displayed: It is strongly advised to read carefully.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a general disinfection tool known for its effectiveness.
- Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (from Rubber Ducky) on the desktop.
- Install the software.
- Make updates (Click on "Update" and then "Search for updates").
- Launch scan: Click on Search tab > Perform full scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click "Show Results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
Securing your computer
To avoid installing more adwares in the future, here are some tips:
- Never download programs offered through advertisements or suspicious sites.
- If you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
Original document published by Malekal_morte
In the same category