How to remove Snap.do?
Snap.do (potentially unwanted programs- PUP) is a toolbar that changes the start page and search engine of your brower. It also tracks your browsing habits and redirect you to thematic web sites (based on the sites you visit) for targeted advertising.
Software vendors who distribute this program earn money foreach successful installation.
Snap.do can be offered via free programs during installation - installation is often pre-selected.
Several solutions are available
- Vista/Seven/8 for Windows: Go to the Control Panel > Program and Features > look for Snap.do and remove it.
- For Windows XP: Go to the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > look for Snap.do and remove it.
- Then check via your browser options and uninstall the Snap.do add-on.
- Finally via your browser options change your default search engine and homepage.
Adwcleaner from Xplode
- This software can remove many spyware such as Babylon and Claro.
- Simply download the software here.
- Then run the software and select the Delete option.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(by RubbeR DuckY) on your desktop.
- Install the software.
- If the COMCTL32.OCX file is missing, you can download it here.
- Make updates (Click on Updates and search updates).
- Boot into Safe Mode.
- Launch MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware, click Perform full scan and then Search and select all your drives.
- Once the scan is complete, click on Delete.
On the other hand, if you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs/LPIS.
Original article published by Destrio5
. Translated by jak58