How to remove Claro search?
Claro search is part of PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) offered via free programs during the installation process
Uninstall via the Control Panel
- For Windows Vista/Seven: Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features, find and uninstall Claro search
- For Windows XP: Go to the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, find and uninstall Babylon Search.
Using Adwcleaner from Xplode
- This software can remove many spyware, including claro Search.
- Download the software: here.
- Then run the software and choose the Delete option.
Using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(by Rubber Ducky) on your desktop.
- Install the software.
- If the COMCTL32.OCX, you can download it here .
- Make updates (Click on Updates then Search for updates).
- Boot in Safe Mode.
- Launch MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware, click Perform full scan and then search and select all your hard drives.
- Once the scan is finished, delete the infected entries and reboot your PC if necessary.
Remove the Claro search add-on from your browsers and change the default search engine:
- Open your browser
- Go to Tool (Preferences) > Options > Search engine
- Select your default search engine (Google or Bing..etc) and don't forget to delete the Babylon search entry.
In the same category
Original article published by Malekal_morte-
. Translated by jak58