Publish professional content with Google tools
Being present on the Internet is now essential to promote your business and to ensure the trust of your customers and employees. Google provide tools for editing different type of contents, thus allowing professionals to create their on customized space on the web. Picasa, Google video, YouTube, Blogger ... why and how to use these tools?
Why making use Google tools?
Google has many competitors in the market for content publishing tools on the Internet:
- Google Tools -> Other tools
- Blogger --> Blogspot, Blogspirit, Wordpress, Skyblog, Hautetfort, Myspace, Canalblog, ...
- YouTube --> DailyMotion, Revver, MsnVidéo, Kewego, MySpace, ...
- Google video --> Yahoo!video
- Picasa -->iphoto, Fotoalbum, gThumb, album Shaper, Gkviez, jbrout, Imgseek, ...
The use of these Google tools is free and easy. A G mail address is often enough to register or download these tools.
Here are the features of Blogger that can help to create a professional blog and optimize the image of your business:
- Publish voice/audio messages.
- Customize your url: mycompany.com instead of mycompany-blogger.com.
- Customize your template (model page).
- Offer an RSS feed and a notification system (registered users receive an e-mail when new post are made).
- Translate your blog, if you have international clients or colleagues.
- Make your blog public, set the appropriate access rights to the authorized persons.
- Make your blog private, accessible only with a password and thus available to the authorized persons.
- Blogger is very easy to use. Five minutes are enough to create a professional blog: connect to the Blogger home page, click Create a blog, fill in your details, choose the name of your blog, choose a template. To write your first post, click on Getting Started with blogs. Of course, you can insert images, sounds and videos.
Diversify your communication channels to inform users about your business. Add videos to online video platform or integrate them to your blog, this will improve your online visibility and reputation.
- create a personal page.
- Publish YouTube videos on your blog.
- Adding subtitles: for international business.
- Video Annotations: to add comments on the video.
- Chatrooms: to discuss with professionals of the same sector.
To post videos and access the various features, first create an account from the homepage of YouTube or login with your Gmail address.
Picasa allows you to find, edit and share photos. The first step is to download Picasa
- Photo Library: to classify all your visuals
- Photo editing: basic functions, easy to use, to optimize your images and then put them online (crop, straighten, remove red eye, color balance and contrast).
- Online photo sharing: You can share your photos with your customers, employees and anyone else.
The social network Google +
Google+ is the social network from Google. It is now possible to create a business page to share content with your customers and prospects.
- A single administrator per page
- Go to the registration page to create your Google Account+
- Choose the type of page: small business or local business, product or brand, company/institution or organization, arts/entertainment or sports, or other.
- Enter the name of your page and the URL of your choice.
- Personalize your public page with a description of your company and add a photo (logo).
Original article published by zora3
. Translated by deri58