McAfee - New updates for the Anti-Theft data protection solution
The computer security software publisher, McAfee has announced a new version of McAfee Anti-Theft, a tool designed to protect Ultrabooks in case of loss or theft. It integrates several localization, encryption and locking.
- McAfee Anti-Theft allows users to follow a lost or stolen Ultrabook, and remotely lock the device, to deny access to private data.
- Among the security features available: Data encryption and a "Stealth Mode" to monitor the lost or stolen device while ensuring that the data is well protected (even if the hard drive is removed or the operating system is re-installed).
Among the other improvements:
- Tracking of Ultrabook devices via Wi-Fi, GPS and 3G data.
- On the fly encryption of personal data
- Various methods and lock modes (manual or automated)
- Administration Console (implementation of a locking system for a lost or stolen device)
McAfee states that the improvements to McAfee Anti-Theft is the result of a collaboration with Intel Corporation "in the context of developing a software that will make full use if the Intel Anti-Theft".