Connected to the internet but unable to browse
Your PC/laptop is connected to the internet (as indicated by the network status icon in the system tray), but you are unable to browse. What are the solutions?
- Considering that your network adapter is working fine:
- Check you IP by going to Start > Run > type "cmd".
- In the command prompt type ipconfig/all and check the IP
- As long as it's not 0.0.0.0 or 169.x.x.x your good to go. you can also try to check if the network adapter is working by pinging it in command prompt.
- ping 127.0.0.1.
- Also try to check Browser settings: Tool>internet options> Connections tab> Lan settings button> uncheck everyting and there should be no proxies selected.
- Assuming you have the TCP/IP settings set to obtain automatically an IP adress from ISP. Try to reset the IE settings: Go to the Advanced tab in Internet Options.
Thanks to iRoz
for this tip.
In the same category