Alternatives to the iPhone 5
Here is a short list of smartphones that can be considered as a good alternative, in terms of technical specifications, usability and funtionality, to the iPhone 5.
Samsung Galaxy S3
- South Korean manufacturer's Samsung, proposes the latest born of the Galaxy series. The S3 with its large touch-screen (4.8-inch) is the ideal platform for viewing photos, videos and webpages.
- Available in white. Price tag: 679 euros
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Halfway between a smartphone and a tablet lies the Galaxy Note. Equipped with the latest version of Android, this powerful and versatile phone draws all of its interest in the use of a stylus, that allows you at any time to add a note, cut an image, etc...
- Available as from October in black or white. Price not announced.
Nokia Lumia 900
Born out of a strong partnership between Microsoft and Nokia, the Lumia 900 differentiates itself from other smartphones, first by the size (larger and higher), its plastic design, and finally its GUI.
- Available in black, white or cyan. Price tag: 599 euros.
Sony Xperia S
With an angular and an attractive design, the Xperia S is a good mid-range device. The version of Android is fast and fluid, however, it is less pleasant than on Samsung mobiles. The Xperia S comes with a 12.1-megapixel camera that can achieve great photos. =
- Available in black or white. Price tag: 419 euros.
Research in Motion (RIM) abandoned its traditional keypad for a large touch screen. The design is simple, in the line of the other devices from RIM. The RIM operating system, may require a lengthy adjustment period, but it has several advantages, such as the proprietary applications like "BBM" instant messaging software.
- Available in black. Price tag: 350 euros.
In the same category