Opening multiple accounts on MSN Messenger
or Windows Live Messenger
can be done through add-on or through plug-ins for the popular instant messaging software. By default, multiple MSN Messenger accounts are not allowed. Messenger Plus Live and Messenger Polygamy are two software plug-ins that can be downloaded from the internet and used to sign in simultaneously on MSN Messenger with more than one account.Messenger Polygamy
is available as a patch that can be installed easily. Messenger Plus Live
provides more advanced features like personalized status, automatic reply messages, etc, in addition to allowing multiple MSN Messenger accounts
MSN or Windows Live Messenger doesn't give you this option. You can sign in to only 1 account at a time. However, there are add-ons and plugins you can download that let you get around this.
Messenger Plus Live
Messenger Plus Live is an add-on for Windows Live Messenger which will allow you to open multiple accounts simultaneously. It also gives you lots of customizable features to personalize your account.
: http://en.kioskea.net/download/download 3347 messenger plus live
After installing Messenger Plus live:
- Click on Plus! > Preferences > Customize!
- Go to Multiple Accounts
- Check > Allow me to connect to several accounts simultaneously and click Apply
- Close Windows Live Messenger and reopen
- To open a new Messenger account, double click on the Windows Live Messenger icon and a new window will appear to sign in
MSN Polygamy was the first software to let you open multiple MSN Messenger Accounts. The installation is easy just choose the patch destination before installing:
- C:/Program Files/Windows Live (For Version 8/8.1/8.5)
- C:/Program Files/MSN Messenger ( For Version 6 - 7.5)
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by Jeff