Error Message: "Windows Process (Rundll32) has stopped working
Windows Vista is displaying the following error Message: "Windows process (Rundll32) has stopped working".
- Go to "Control Panel".
- Folder Options.
- Click on the tab "View".
- Check the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails".
Make sure that your all your drivers are up-to-date, and then follow the below procedure:
- Right click on Computer > Properties
- Click on Advanced System Settings
- Performance tab > Settings
- Execution Prevention tab data
- Check the second proposal
- Click on Add
- Select: C: Windows/System32/run32dll.exe
For those who have the "COM Surrogate" problem add the dllhost.exe file that is also located in the System32 folder.
Check for the presence of the Blingbar entry in the Add/Remove programs.
Thanks to isi
for this tip.
In the same category
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by aakai1056
. - Latest update by Jeff