PlayBook OS 2.0 introduces a universal inbox to manage your messages
Research in Motion (RIM), makers of BlackBerry, announced a major update of the playbook OS that is deployed on its eponymous touch pads, nearly a year after its launch. The main new feature of the update concerns the email applications, contacts and calendar. The OS now offers a universal inbox integrating e-mails and messages published by your contacts on social networks. It also lets you use certain applications developed for Google's Android system, directly on the playbook.
Playbook OS 2.0 updates:
- Compatibility with thousands of Android applications, which are referenced on the BlackBerry App World
- A single inbox for viewing emails and messages from social networks Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- The automatic update of contact data based on information added to user's Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles.
- BlackBerry Bridge: a feature that allows you to remotely control your tablet via any other BlackBerry ternminal.
- Open It: A feature that lets you open documents, photos, and links