Windows - The "Safely Remove Hardware" tray icon is missing
Windows won't display the Safely Remove Hardware
tray icon. What can be done?
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Right click on the notification area
- Click on Customize Notifications
- Find "Safely Remove Hardware" in the list that appears and choose "Always show".
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Hardware.
- Click on the Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Double click Networking Services in the list.
- Un-check the " UPnP User Interface " .
- Click OK
If you are still having problems:
- Go to My Computer > Manage > Services and Applications > Services.
- Search the list for the following entry "Plug and Play" and double click on it.
- The properties window should appear.
- Set the Startup Type to "Automatic" .
- Click OK and restart your PC.
Published by netty5
- Latest update by deri58