Toshiba L300D - System Recovery/BSOD
Toshiba L300D laptop is screwed. Whenever I try to log into it normally, the desktop will show up for a second then the blue screen of death will appear.
The Stop Error Code is usually always different whenever it does this. Sometimes it will be 0x000000D3 or 0x0000000A & so on.
I tried EVERYTHING, literally.
- used compressed air to remove all the dust in the hard drive/fan.
- used RegisteryFix.
- downloaded the Windows Vista Recovery Disk, only to find out that it doesn't help. I don't have a System Restore point, I don't have a backup CD/external drive, etcc. Tried allll of the options on that thing.
- used CCleaner.
- used Perfect Optimizer (only to find out I had to pay!)
- tried Last Known Good Configuration.
Now, I'm left with System Recovery, which is DELETING EVERYTHING AND STARTING NEW. But one problem, I can't. I've tried the pressing 0 while starting, I've tried to make a Toshiba Recovery Disk, and I tried to Repair Computer on Advanced Boot Options.
Try this 1
- When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep tapping the F8 key)
- Select "Safe Mode"
- Click on Start --> Run --> Type msconfig and click OK
- [If you are using Windows Vista or 7 then Click on Start --> In search box, type msconfig and press Enter]
- System Configuration Utility will be opened.
- Click on "Services" tab, select the option "Hide all Microsoft services"(you can find this option at bottom)-->then click on "Disable All" button.
- Click on "Startup" tab and click on "Disable All" button and then click on OK, now try to boot in normal mode.
- Later enable your disabled serivces and startup items one by one.
Thanks to jack4rall for this tip.