Clean up the links from your Favorites [from the Directory]
Despite deleting the folder "Links" in favorites, this one is regenerated automatically when you restart the computer.
There are two ways to get rid of the Links folder favorites.
Hiding Links folder
The first solution will aim to make the Links folder invisible.
This will make the folder inaccessible, but without any modifications the registry. It is possible to restore it if necessary.
- Show bookmarks from Internet Explorer.
- Right-click on the Links folder and select Properties.
- Check the Hidden attribute on the General tab.
- Apply and validate with OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer the Links folder will be gone!
To display the Links folder again, simply uncheck "hidden attribute".
Find its location and access the Links folder since:
- My Computer/C:/Documents and Settings/Username/Favorites/Links folder
Permanently delete thefolder
This second method is to delete the folder by changing its value from the registry editor.
- Start <Run <Enter regedit <OK.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- Double click the channel Links Folder Name.
- Under "Value data", delete the links (the field must be empty).
- Confirm OK and then close the registry editor.
- Delete (one last time) the links directory of your Favorites.
- At the next restart of the computer, this one has really disappeared.