While using the external hard drive
of the Samsung S2 portable, there is a possibility that the user may see a message popping up saying: Windows did not find "G:\RECYCLER\e621ca05.exe". There are two simple steps to rectify this problem. Firstly, download the 'AutorunExterminator'
file, extract and click twice on AutorunExterminator. By doing this the recycler will be eliminated from the hard drive. Secondly, for Windows XP, type 'CMD' into Run and press OK. For Windows 7 and Vista versions, go to 'CMD' from the Start Menu to choose 'run as administrator'. Run attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* command where g stands for external disk drive, thus unhiding all the files.
My Samsung S2 Portable external hard disk is showing the following error when I try to open a folder: "Windows cannot find "G:\RECYCLER\e621ca05.exe"
. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again.
- For XP, go to Run and type CMD
- Click OK
- For Vista and 7, go to Start and type CMD
- Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator
- Now run this command:
- attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
- Where 'g' refers to your external hard drive letter
- This should unhide your files
- Make sure you run a full scan with:
In the same category
Published by aakai1056
. - Latest update by Jeff