How to install Turbo C++ on Windows7 OS 64Bit?
I would like to install Turbo C++ on Windows7 64 bit OS. I keep getting the error message: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher
- Download here
- Create a folder named "TurboC++" in you hard drive (in our example drive D:).
- Extract your TURBOC.EXE file by using Winrar. Right-click on the "TURBOC" file and you can find the option "Extract to TURBOC\".
- After extraction, you will notice a folder named "TURBOC" will be created.
- Inside that "TURBOC" folder, there will be an another folder named "TC" which contains all the C++ files in it.
- Copy the "TC" folder "TurboC++".
- Double-click on the shortcut icon "DOSBox" that can be found on your desktop. A command prompt will be opened with the prompt X:\>
- Now enter the below command and press "Enter"
mount d d:\turboc++\
- "Drive D is mounted as local directory and d:\turboc++\" should appear.
- Now change the prompt by entering the below command.
- Now your prompt changes to D:\>
- Now enter the below commands
cd tc\bin --> Press Enter. Now the prompt will be D:\TC\Bin>tc > Press Enter.
- TurboC++ Editor will open. Click on OK.
- Go to "Options" > Directories > Change the path to D.
- It includes:
- Directories path should be D:\TC\Include
- Library Directories path should be D:\TC\LIB
- Click on OK.
- Now again go to "Options" > Directories > Save.
- Hold the "Alt" key and Press Enter to "Maximize" it. To minimize it, again hold the "Alt" key and Press Enter.
- Note : Don't use the shortcut key Ctrl+F9 to run the program. You need to launch it manually.
Thanks to jack4rall
for this tip.
In the same category
Published by aakai1056
- Latest update by deri58