When opening office software such as Microsoft Office Excel, Word or Powerpoint, the 'feature you are trying to use error
' may pop up. The issue occurs when installing Microsoft Office
on first usage. It may also occur due to a Windows update. This is not a problem which occurs with Microsoft Office software
or any of its features. It is error 1706 which occurs when the setup cannot find the required files. To solve the error
, insert the Microsoft Office Installation disk or provide the correct location for the installation software on the hard drive.
[Office] The feature you are trying to use (Error 1706)
When opening a program in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), I get of the following messages:
Microsoft Excel has not been installed for the current user. Please run Setup from the application
The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource unavailable.
Installation of Microsoft Excel courses
Microsoft Excel was not installed for this user. Please run Setup from the application.
The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the disc Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage and click OK. Use the component from Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage
Error 1706. Setup cannot find the required files.
This problem is due to the 'Install on first use' option or a Microsoft Office update(Windows Update, for example).
To remedy this:
- Simply insert the disk for the installed version of Microsoft Office, or specify the location of files on the hard drive, or
- Alternatively, go to Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs
- Select Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage and click on Modify > Continue
- Select Add/Remove Components and then click Next
- When the components to be installed appear, click Update
In the same category
Published by jak58
- Latest update by Paul Berentzen