Ask a question »
VirtualDub - Add subtitles in a DivX file
[VirtualDub] Add subtitles in a DivX file
- Open VirtualDub
- Load your film
- Audio> Direct stream copy
- Video>> Filters> Add
- Select "Subtitler" in the left and click OK.
- Click on the button (with the points) right of the window.
- Select the SSA files
- Click OK
- Video>> Compression
- Choose the desired codec (normally the same as the movie).
- It is better to encode in 2 passes. Indeed, in 1 pass, the encoding will be done in CBR (Constant Bit Rate), the fast and slow sequences are encoded with the same amount of information per second. The 2-pass will be made in VBR (Variable Bit Rate), ie the rapid sequence will be encoded with a high bit rate whereas the slow sequences with bit rates will be lower.
- Click the button "Configure". In the new window, choose "2 pass - first pass".
- Click OK and then OK
- File>> Save as AVI, give a different name and let the process unfold.
- When the first pass and finished, you get a file containing some informations about the bitrate.
- Video> Compression>> Sets
- Choose 2 pass - second pass and start a new backup under another name.
- This second result is the AVI movie subtitles
Thanks to l_intrus
for this tip.