PS3-The Recovery Mode
This mode provides features allowing you to restore your PS3 in case of failure
In case of problems, the XMB disappears, this may be due to a mishandling, or for example if you turn off your Playstation 3 during an update. As result your console will no longer respond.
The recovery mode allows you to fix many issues (both the normal and slim versions of the PS3)
To access this mode, proceed like this: the console must be turned off, but the red light on power button (I/O) in front must be lit. Press this button and wait until the console completely turns off and then press the same button again, wait until your hear a beep,
You shall then hear to successive beeps, immediately release the button and the recovery mode will appear.
- 1 Restart the system: it reboots the console but you will need to reconfigure the audio and video settings.
- 2 Restore the default settings: During this operation, the default system software and information about the currently logged user are restored.
Be careful when performing this operation, because the changes in parameters can not be undone. The user is responsible for any loss or damage of data. Remember to reset the ID and password to the PSN.
- 3 Restore the system files: It can correct corrupted data.
- 4 Rebuild the database: sort and organize the data found on your disk (all games folder will be removed)
- 5 Restore PS3 system: To delete the entire contents of hard disk and restore the default system software. (As in factory).
- 6 System Update: Installed the latest PS3 software update.
In the same category
Original article published by udodirck
. Translated by jak58