What is RogueKiller?
RogueKiller is a tool (developped by Tigzy
) that can kill rogue processes automatically.
Given that infections prevent the execution of your Antivirus or Anti-Malware softwares, RogueKiller can be used as a preliminary means of disinfection! From there you will be able to implement the different solutions to clean your system, without having any rogue running as an "active process"!
Roguekiller: installation and first use
- Download RogueKiller on your desktop.
- Quit all running programs
- Wait until the pre-scan is completed.
- Accept the EULA and click Scan.
- A report will be generated after the scan (you can publish it on the appropriate forum).
- Click Remove.
RogueKiller can also replace your current host file with a clean copy: Hosts tab > Fix Host
- If RogueKiller does not start, rename it to winlogon (winlogon.exe).
- The Delete button will only be available after the scan. Don't forget to uncheck any false positives detected during the scan.
- A report will be created (RKreport.txt). You can publish it on the appropriate forums for further help.
- If the program is blocked, do not hesitate to try several times.
To contact the publisher:
In the same category
Original article published by Tigzy
. Translated by deri58
. - Latest update by jak58