What is RogueKiller?
RogueKiller is a tool (developped by Tigzy
) that can kill rogue processes automatically. Some infections prevent the execution of your Antivirus or Anti-Malware softwares, thus RogueKiller can be used as a preliminary means of disinfection! From there you will be able to implement the different solutions to clean your system, without having any rogue running as an "active process"!
The new interface
Roguekiller: installation and first use
- Download RogueKiller on your desktop.
- Quit all running programs
- Wait until the Pre-scan is completed.
- Accept the EULA and click Scan.
- A report will be generated after the scan (you can publish it on the appropriate forum).
- Click Remove.
FIX host button
Replace the host file with a clean copy.
FIX Proxy button
Deletes the proxy connections found.
FIX DNS button
Reset your DNS settings
FIX Shortcut button
Restore files (being masked by Rogues)
The Driver tab
You can see the modification made ??in the Windows core (x86 only)
If some SSDT index are considered as malware (to be decided by the user), you can restore the original index by right-clicking on the line => Restore SSDT
- If RogueKiller does not start, rename it to winlogon (winlogon.exe).
- The Delete button will only be available after the scan. Don't forget to uncheck any false positives detected during the scan.
- A report will be created (RKreport.txt). You can publish it on the appropriate forums for further help.
- If the program is blocked, do not hesitate to try several times.
To contact the publisher:
In the same category
Original article published by Tigzy
. Translated by deri58