Firefox - Reset to default settings
Firefox is not responding or is subjected to random crashes. You have already tried the following procedures, without any success:
- Un-install add-ons.
- Re-install Firefox.
You should try to reset Firefox to its default settings!
On the latest version of Firefox, follow the below procedure:
- Click on the Firefox button > Help > Troubleshooting information.
- A new tab shall open, click on the "Reset Firefox" button.
In this case, reinstalling Firefox will not solve the issue. Instead, follow these steps:
- Click on Start > Run
- Enter the following command:
===Windows 7 and Vista:==
- Click on Start and in the Search field enter the following command:
Reset Firefox preferences (default )
- In the open window (upon launching safe mode), select "Reset preferences to default Firefox".
- Click "Make Changes and Restart".
- You can now browse properly on Firefox.
In the same category
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by deri58
. - Latest update by jak58