Mac OS - Back-up your mail folder
The folder that contains all your emails is called "Mail":
- Drive/Users/username/ Library/Mail
- First you must close the Mail application go to the above location and copy the folder on removable disk.
- To restore it simply copy it back (it can be as weel for a new account)
- The system will ask if you want well replace the existing folder, simply confirm with the Yes button.
Note that: The Mail preferences file is here:
- Hard disk/Users/username/Library/preferences/com.apple.mail.plist
More on this link:http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mail/4.0/en/15171.html