How to remove Eorezo / Eoengine / Lo.st / PCTuto / Tuto4PC ?
How to get rid of the Eorezo page and related pop-ups?
What is Eorezo?
Eorezo is a service that installs additional components (widgets etc) to your browser , that will trigger pop-pups and ads. It will also modify the start page/search engine of the web browsers (lo.st
- In addition Eorezo are also available in the form of video tutorial on behalf of PCTuto / Tuto4PC. *These tutorials are also available on 01net (without any notice that advertising agent is installed)
Our selection of sponsored links (eorezo) allow us, through our partners to offer a free quality service and ensure a constant evolution of our services.
- By installing these tutorials and software, you also install the advertising agent which in turn will open ads popups.
- Note that this is stipulated in the conditions of use of the software.:
- For statistical purposes and to get an approximation the French/English/... audience on the Internet, eorezo may need to collect information about sites visited by Internet users.
This information is collected and remain completely anonymous and can not in any way to attach them to an individual.
Method 1: Via the Control Panel
You can uninstall Eorezo by going through: Start>Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs on your computer.
- Basically the Eorezo application consists of a common application (eoEngine) that manages all Eorezo services. All the services begin with the prefix "eo" eg eoWeather, eoClock, eoNet ...
- Note that: You can not uninstall eoEngine, while other Eorezo services are running on your PC.
- Make sure to remove all services before uninstalling eoEngine + software update module.
- Look for entries containing the the following keywords and remove them: Tuto / PCTuto / Tuto / Soft2PC / Agence-Exclusive / Eorezo / Software Update / Application Updater.
After uninstalling the Eorezo software, you need to restore the default settings of your web browser:
- Internet Explorer 6, go to the menu [Tools] [Internet Options].
- In this window, click the [Programs] [Reset Web Settings].
- Internet Explorer 7, go to the menu [Tools] [Internet Options].
- In this window, click the [Advanced] [Reset].
- In Firefox, go to the menu [Tools] [Options].
- In this window, click [Restore default configuration].
Method 2: AD-Remover
A program can completely eliminate the infection: Ad-Remover (from C_XX).
- This tool, created by C_XX, cleans out various type of adware and spyware.
- Download Ad-Remover (from C_XX) on the desktop.
- Log off and close all running applications
- Double click the program to launch
- At the main menu select "Scan" and leave work tool.
- A report will be generated at the end, post it on the forum, explaining your problems to get the guidelines to follow.
- (The report is saved in C:\Ad-Report-SCAN.log)
- The best thing is to get help with a helper on the Viruses/security forum for this operation, explaining the problem well and sending the report. He will tell you whether or not you can "Clean" a particualr files or not. As its name suggests, the "Scan" feature does not delete anything.
- Ad-Remover also addresses other adware like Dealio, Search Settings, AskBar, SweetIM, NaviPromo, etc..
Method 3: MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(by Rubber Ducky) on your desktop.
- Install the software.
- If the COMCTL32.OCX file is missing, you can download it here
- Update (Click on the "Updates" tab then "Search for updates").
- Then Perform full scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart *the PC, accept!
Protecting your PC
Be careful when installing free software, as nowadays , many are repacked with sponsored softwares. It is the easiest way to avoid popup advertisements.
In the same category
Original article published by V-X
. Translated by deri58
. - Latest update by jak58