How to remove Eorezo / Eoengine / Lo.st / PCTuto / Tuto4PC
How to get rid of the Eorezo start page and pop-ups?
What is Eorezo?
Eorezo is a service that installs additional components (widgets etc) to your browser , that will trigger pop-pups and ads. It will also modify the start page/search engine of the web browsers (lo.st
- In addition Eorezo are also available in the form of video tutorial on behalf of PCTuto / Tuto4PC. *These tutorials are also available on 01net (without any notice that advertising agent is installed)
Our selection of sponsored links (eorezo) allow us, through our partners to offer a free quality service and ensure a constant evolution of our services.
- By installing these tutorials and software, you also install the advertising agent which in turn will open ads popups (as stipulated in the TOS).
For statistical purposes and to get an approximation the French/English/... audience on the Internet, eorezo may need to collect information about sites visited by Internet users.
This information is collected and remain completely anonymous and can not in any way to attach them to an individual.
AdwCleaner by Xplode
AdwCleaner is a tool created specifically for disinfection of adware:
- Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) on the desktop.
- Launch the program and click on Remove and for the scan to be completed. You may need to restart the computer after the scan.
- At the end of the removal procedure a report will be generated (C:\Ad-Report-SCAN.log)
is a disinfection tool known for its effectiveness. It can help remove residue left behind after a scan with AdwCleaner, or handle other types of infections.
- Download and install Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Make update (Click on the "Updates" tab and then "Search for updates").
- Launch a full scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click on "Show results".
- Select all detected items (some are not checked by default) and click "Remove Selected". If prompted to restart the PC, accept!
Clean your web browsers
- Uninstall parasite extensions:
- Under Firefox: Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extension tab.
- Under Google Chrome: Click on the menu at the top right and then Tools > Extensions.
Avoid getting infected again
You should be careful when you are installing free programs, as many of them are bundled with PUPs.
SpyHunter -Beware of fake security blogs
- Before installing a program, read the EULA.
- Always download programs from official sources.
- On the other hand, if you use Avast! or AVG, remember to enable the detection of PUPs.
- WOT can help you to filter websites distributing harmful program http://en.kioskea.net/faq/7386-wot-web-of-trust.
- When you make a search about these infections on Google or any other search engine - Fake security blogs are sometime be displayed in the result pages.
- Fake blogs offer disinfection solutions in the form of a fix.
- This fix turns out to be a paid antispyware/antimalware software (Spy Hunter or Spyware Doctor)!
- These fake security blogs earn money for each successful installation or sale.
- More information about fake security blogs: http://forum.malekal.com/faux-blogs-securite-spyhunter-spyware-doctor-t12847.html.
- You don't need to buy these softwares, as free alternatives already exist.
In the same category
Original article published by V-X
. Translated by deri58