Microsoft Security Essentials
has been designed by Microsoft and it is a powerful antivirus solution to protect your computer.
Key features :
- Complete protection : Even if it seems basic and simple, Microsoft Security Essentials provides better protection against malware such as virus, trojans, worms and spyware.
- Installation : Its installation is easy and fast. After installation, you get automatic updates daily, which ensures the protection of your computer against new threats.
- Security status : To make you aware of your computer security, this antivirus uses different colors to attract your attention. Green means that your computer is safe. Red and yellow mean a threat. In case of a threat, Microsoft Security Essentials will inform you along with recommendations.
- User interface : The user-interface is clean and well organized. Nothing new is on it so that anyone who are used to antivirus will stay on the safe side.
- Scanning modes : It offers three scanning modes : quick, full and custom. It is up to you to select the one that suits you. Note that this antivirus offers real-time protection and virus definition updates.
System requirements :
- CPU : 500 Mhz or higher for XP and 1.0 GHz or higher for Vista and Win 7
- RAM : 256 MB or higher for XP and 1 GB or higher for Vista and Win 7
- Free Hard disk space: 140 MB
- VGA : 800 x 600 or higher
- OS : XP, Vista and 7
- Internet browser
- Easy installation and use
- Automatic updates
- 3 different scanning modes
- No firewall
- Too simple for advanced users