is a software specially designed to serve as an alternative to open PDF files. It offers a lot of features that are interesting and useful. It is produced by Foxit Software Company.
- PDF file viewer: even if you already have a PDF file open, the application will open your file in the same window. Foxit Reader offers different modes to read your PDF: multi-tab browsing, multiple document interface mode and single document interface mode.
- Read Out Loud: if you are in a hurry and do not have enough time to read the PDF from the top till the end, you can use the Read Out Loud options that will read your PDF for you. It can read normal text, comments, image descriptions and fillable fields.
- Social network integration: Foxit Reader is integrated with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. Via the application’s interface, users can login to their account, select a text from a PDF and share it on their social network pages.
- Commenting tools: Foxit Reader enables users to add comments to their PDF documents. Here are the possible tools: Annotation, Note Comments, Spell Checker, Text Markup, Text Select Tool, Drawing Markup, Typewriter Tool, Adding Text Box or Callout and viewing comments.
- Printing: once you have finished reading your helpful article or designing a PDF form, you are allowed to print it. You can also get help to set options so as to make the printing of a good quality.
- Operating system: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1 and Windows 7.
- Processor: Pentium 1.3 GHz or rate at least equivalent.
- RAM: 64 MB minimum.
- Required disk space: 52 Mb.
- Graphics card and monitor capable of displaying a resolution of 800 x 600
- Foxit Reader is a very good alternative to read PDF files.
- It is easy to handle.
- It is integrated with searching tools (search for words, phrases, etc.).
Note: Version 3.1.4
Latest update on Thursday April 4, 2013 04:02:02 PM