Like iTunes, Songbird
is a multimedia reader for you to listen to music and radio and import and export audio tracks. It is based on the Mozilla Engine.
- Media player: as a music player, Songbird can play several audio formats (MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WMA), play Apple FairPlay-encoded audio as well as Windows Media DRM audio on Windows platforms.
- Media importing and exporting: users have the possibility to import and export some music tracks from iTunes or from a selected folder on the file system. It is practical if you want to have your best tracks from your iTunes to your computer.
- Playlist manager: all tracks stored in the library can be managed thanks to Songbird’s library management. For that, users are allowed to organize, launch search, sort, and browse all files contained in the playlist.
- Other abilities: Songbird allows its users to subscribe to MP3 blogs as playlists, to scan the users’ computer, to update lists automatically and to edit and save metadata tags. It is also integrated with a Web Browser like bookmarking and tabbed browsing so that users can launch search at any time.
- Operating system : Windows XP SP3/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Android (Android client not open source); unofficial support for Linux and Solaris as of 2.0.0
- RAM: at least 512 MB.
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or comparable.
- Speakers or headphones.
- 16 bit sound card (Recommended: 32 bit Sound Card).
- It uses GStreamer as its main media playback system.
- Useful to listen, export and import tracks.
Alternative spelling :
Latest update on Friday November 2, 2012 01:00:48 AM