NOTE: THIS TOOL IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY GOOGLE
Launched by Google in 2004, Google Desktop
is a program designed to make it easy for users to search their own PCs for emails, music, files, photos, Web pages and more.
- Searches: Google Desktop uses the power of Google's search engine technology to find all that you need. Right after the installation, it will index the first 10,000 words in the first 100,000 documents on your PC. It put searched information at your disposal freeing you from having to manually organize your files and bookmarks. Even deleted files can be taken back thanks to the powerful search.
- Google Gadgets and sidebars: users can place gadgets anywhere on his desktop to show new email, weather, photos, personalized news, and more. As for the sidebar, it is a vertical bar on your desktop that helps you keep your gadgets well organized. Using these gadgets and sidebars can be useful to display the hour, the weather, news, search toolbars and much more.
- Supported file searches: users can search for emails, attached files, Word files, PDF files, PowerPoint files, Excel files, Images and video files in their computer.
- Other features: apart from all these features, it is also possible to lock search, to integrate it with Microsoft Outlook. As it has been released by Google, it is automatically integrated with Gmail and Google Maps.
- Operating system : Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64
- Hard Disk Drive : IDE or Serial ATA hard drives
- Search results are displayed in web page format.
- There is a wide range of gadgets and sidebars.
- Share panel items with friends.
Latest update on Wednesday February 5, 2014 10:27:34 AM