Commonly known as Gtalk, Gchat or Gmail messenger, Google Talk is a free and easy instant messaging and voice over the Internet. Simple and intuitive at the same time, it is a intended for communication.
Key features :
- Instant Messaging: Google talk is providing real-time extensible messaging and supports messaging with any service provider that supports XMPP. Thanks to this, universities, corporations as well as individual users can profit from it.
- Product integration: Its integration to Gmail enables users to send instant messages without having to open other software or other tab. Users can also interact with registered Orkut by sending and receiving « scraps ». Google+, also integrated into Gtalk, helps users to look at their Google+ contacts in the contact list.
- Mobile devices: Gtalk is compatible with Nokia 5230 Internet Tablet, Windows mobile, iPhone, Blackberry, Sony’s mylo and Android version 2.3.4.
- Video calls: It is worth to remember that all calls are free and if you use a headset, the voice quality is certain to be high.
- Notifications: This software notifies the user for a new message in Google Mail account and obviously all incoming calls or IM.
For instant messaging only:
- Google Mail Account
- Windows 2000, Windows XP (Home & Pro) or Windows Server 2003
- At least 56k dial-up connection
For voice calls :
- Access to microphone and speakers (headset)
- Nice layout
- Easy to use
- Chat, call, video
- Google talk client not compatible with Macintosh or Linux systems
- Getting old fashioned
- No voice and video calls below android version 2.3.4