Important note:Google Talk is no longer available. It has been replaced by Google Hangouts
Commonly known as Gtalk
, Gchat or Gmail messenger, Google Talk
is a free and easy instant messaging and voice over the Internet. Simple and intuitive at the same time, it is a intended for communication.
Key features :
- Instant Messaging: Google talk is providing real-time extensible messaging and supports messaging with any service provider that supports XMPP. Thanks to this, universities, corporations as well as individual users can profit from it.
- Product integration: Its integration to Gmail enables users to send instant messages without having to open other software or other tab. Users can also interact with registered Orkut by sending and receiving « scraps ». Google+, also integrated into Gtalk, helps users to look at their Google+ contacts in the contact list.
- Mobile devices: Gtalk is compatible with Nokia 5230 Internet Tablet, Windows mobile, iPhone, Blackberry, Sony's mylo and Android version 2.3.4.
- Video calls: It is worth to remember that all calls are free and if you use a headset, the voice quality is certain to be high. But it is always up to configure to use this option or not.
- Notifications: This software notifies the user for a new message in Google Mail account and obviously all incoming calls or IM. This is practical when you have to launch another program at the same time.
For instant messaging only
For voice calls
- Google Mail Account
- Windows 2000, Windows XP (Home & Pro) or Windows Server 2003
- At least 56k dial-up connection
- Access to microphone and speakers (headset)
- Nice layout
- Easy to use
- Chat, call, video
- Google talk client not compatible with Macintosh or Linux systems
- Getting old fashioned
- No voice and video calls below android version 2.3.4
Latest update on Thursday July 17, 2014 07:48:03 AM