RogueKiller is a tool that scans the running processes
and terminates the malicious ones!
Once the cleaning process is done , the software offers several options:
- 1 - SCAN (Scans the registry for keys deemed as infectious,without removing them)
- 2 - REMOVE ( Similar to the SCAN mode, but this time any infected keys encountered are removed)
- 3 - HOSTSFIX (Resets the HOSTS file)
- 4 - PROXYFIX (Removes the proxy configuration, for IE and Firefox)
- 5 - DNSFIX (Resets the (to default) DNS configuration)
Originally RogueKiller has been developed to assist in the disinfection of rogues, disabling the processes that can prevent the start of anti-malware or diagnostic tools. But given that rogues make use generic techniques, we can also throw in a preliminary scan for any type of infections.
The scan is very fast (less than 2 seconds).
Alternative spelling :
Latest update on Tuesday January 20, 2015 11:10:07 AM